Thursday, May 6, 2010

Space Junk



Space Junk is a set of obstacles for the Flash Gordon Rocket Ship project; a pulp sci-fi space opera extravaganza!!! There are six pieces of space junk, cobbled together using the scrap materials from dozens of other projects. I am happy to minimize the amount of waste in my workshop by reusing almost all of the scrap at various times.



I first mentioned the Space Junk in October 2009, and am finally getting around to posting the pics... better late than never! Between juggling the many projects I am working on, having a laptop crash and misplacing a flash drive, I was set back a bit in processing the photos for the Valley of Isk, but now all is back on track and I hope to be catching up.












Probably the first question that will come up is "how big is this stuff?". Each piece is approximately 1' tall including the stand, and between 6"-12" wide. Here is a quick preview pic with some rockets and asteroids to give an idea of scale; the rockets are made using plastic Drink cups from Denny's.



There are more space pics on the way, of new rockets, asteroids and gas clouds, so stay tuned!

6 comments:

  1. Very nice. Good paint jobs too.

    Cheers
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bunch of 'junk.' :)

    Looks really good. I've found that there is a subtle art to making junk look good. I'm having a hard enough time making my junk piles look good. And here we have nice debris that actually gives the impression of floating.

    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!!! Thanks very much; as I have already said, I really admire the shanties you are working on and am excited to see the end result. I'll be following in your footsteps with those pieces at some poin! Thanks for stopping by to comment, be well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good. I particularly like the re-use of scrap or 'bits' to make great terrain.

    Tony
    http://dampfpanzerwagon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete